Today has been quite the day! I wasn’t feeling well so when I woke up, my mom, EducationDiva asked me to guest post on her blog. When I asked her about what, she had the craziest idea… a year earlier, we were exploring Chapters for something neat to read when my little sister came across the most interesting thing: It was an Illustrated book of Bob Dylan’s song “Forever Young.”
This book had quirky pictures of events from his life, including him doing a lemonade stand for charity, and a walk against a war with a friend.
My mom’s weird idea was for me to create an illustrated version of a song. I decided to do a song art book of Adele’s someone like you.
I did funky title art and even though i’m not the greatest artist, I drew pictures based on the words and wrote the lyrics down on the pages so you could sing it while you read it.
Here are five easy steps on how to make your own.
1. Choose a song and print out the lyrics. (I just googled my song for the lyrics.)
2. Make a cover page that says the title of the song, Lyrics by ______ Illustrated by _______ .
3. Draw your book! (put at least 1 paragraph of lyrics per page.)
4. Write some cool information you might know about the singer, or the meaning of the song.
5. color it in and enjoy
Try it out with your favourite pop song! It’s a really fun way to draw and to write.
- For more tips on great books and activities for tweens, watch for Tweenbooklover. A new blog, going live very very soon!
Note from Education Diva: Thank you for this guest post, Tweenbooklover!